Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CBTV "last part" of Florian Untermaubach

2014 Student Animation Festival of Cartoon Brew still with the last part (lookup) by Florian Untermaubach. The film was produced Kassel Art Academy in Kassel, Germany.

The last part is the story of the knight who defends his house and the knights of the other women, and the reward he receives.

Like the story itself, and graphics and animation Untermaubach parts of courtesy. The film is characterized by distinctive morphological characteristics: color to black, white, gray limited and rebates are limited to a handful of the film's length. In addition, the device is used generously, moving in rhythm and everywhere around the stage. Drawn the widespread use of the camera in the film by hand both new and effective, discloses a deserted ruin manners, while promoting a general feeling of unease and confusion of history.

Read on for comments director Florian Untermaubach more:

florian Untermaubach

IDEA

Began to develop the film with a group of graphics. Fares and in the various stages of his life. In the beginning there was a strong knight beautiful. In the following figures, he began to gain weight. In the last image, it was just a ball of humanity. I wonder how that could happen, and began to create a story about these charges. At that moment I saw the movie Mondo Cane and I was of the section on men who fascinated to feed their women. I think that this scene with some other observations I made, such as people interact they the main source of inspiration for the short term were.

Tools and processes

I use the Cintiq 12WX and PST program for computer animation and entertainment and coloring. I have After Effects, the masks, as well as an audio file set, and export the final movie.

Challenges and Experiences

Lookup was (last part) was the first film to me more narrative. There are many things I did in the first time. In collaboration with the musicians and noisemakers, instructions to other work on the film, and to work on the project for almost a year. But I think a story that anyone can follow to say, to find especially a good ending was the biggest challenge for me. It took a long time, a different history and purpose to try the storyboard. Through the creation of highly detailed animatic, I have the history with crude animation.

Inspirations

Like I said, I'm mainly inspired by scenes from the movie Mondo Cane in 1962, but also the comic book series by Christophe Blaine Socrates, with beautiful hand-drawn characters. During a visit to the Museum of Modern Art in Kaunas, Lithuania, and found a large sculpture of the Lithuanian artist. The king was sitting on his throne fat carries a scepter and orb. For me, the sculpture has a perfect design.

Where do you see within five years

In fact, I really do not know where I'll be in five years, you know. Within two years I will be studying from college, and my goal is to continue to work on my home movies and find a job in the field of animation in Germany or elsewhere.

Wheatley Director

Website: FlorianMaubach.de

Monitors Cartoon Brew Student Animation Festival through the generous support of our sponsors possible to provide JibJab , a company that has been shown to consistently support to young talents and commitment. We would also like to express my thanks to our main sponsor of the award, and Microsoft express.

No comments:

Post a Comment